Faraday's RP Log Cleaner
The log cleaner takes raw log files (presumably captured by your favorite MU* client) and strips out junk such as pages, channels, OOC chatter, coming/going messages, and various other soft- and hard-coded command spam. It also adds blank lines as necessary so everything is spaced out nicely.
You can choose a log format, which tells the parser what things to keep and to ignore. Available formats are:
- MUSH - Excludes MUSH-style channels. <Public> Faraday says, "Hello." Covers PennMUSH and AresMUSH.
- MUX - Excludes MUX-style channels. [Public] Faraday says, "Hello."
- Ares FS3 Combat Wiki - FS3 combat logs for AresMUSH with pretty wikidot formatting.
- FS3 Combat - Handles logs with FS3 skill or combat messages, omitting spam while keeping important combat messages.
- FS3 Combat Wiki - Same as FS3 Combat, but also adds pretty wikidot formatting.
- TGG Battle - Handles battle logs from The Greatest Generation MUX, omitting spam while keeping important combat messages.
- TGG Battle Wiki - Same as TG Battle, but also adds pretty wikidot formatting.
This tool has been well-tested, but there are no guarantees. If you're worried, keep copies of your original log files.
If you're using the FS3 Combat Wiki format, you can either add a ".fs3combat" class to your wiki CSS, or add the following code at the beginning of the log:
Tweak the CSS to format combat messages as you like them.
Format a Log
This software is copyright 2010 by Linda Naughton (aka Faraday) and is provided as-is with no warranty. Visit aresmush.com for more of my MUSH projects.